In this radio program we consider the important question: “Have YOU been called of God?” This question pertains to a statement found in Acts 2.39. I sincerely believe that many people misunderstand and pervert this passage. I am using some material from the book: The Hub of the Bible, by J.D. Bales in this discussion.
There is a lot of confusion about being called of God which ought not to be so. The Bible is quite clear in its answers to all of the questions we could possibly come up with regarding God’s calling us. When we are content to allow the Bible to speak, our confusion over this matter quickly disappears. Let’s study this important topic by considering the pertinent Bible passages and let God’s Book guide us in answering the questions.
What Does it mean to be called of God?
Men must call upon God in order to attain salvation according to Acts 2.21. But men cannot call on God unless God first calls men. God calls all men, but only those who respond to His call and call on Him does He save. What does it mean for God to call men? How does God call us? Is the call irresistible? To what does God call us?
Questions answered in this Lesson on what it means to be called of God…
- What does CALL mean?
- Whom does the Lord call?
- How does the Lord call?
- Is the call of God irresistible?
- What happens to those who heed the call?
- From what and to what does God call us?From rebellion to obedience (Acts 2.23 + Acts 2.37-42).
1) From darkness to light (Col 1.13; 1 Peter 2.9).
2) From bondage to liberty (Gal 5.13).
3) From antagonism to fellowship (1 Cor 1.9).
4) To sanctification (1 Cor 1.2).
5) God called us by His own purpose and grace (2 Tim 1.9).
Here is the audio recording of our September 2, 2018 edition of Walking in Truth: